At Inno-Hive, we want to create a world where community supported opportunities to build 21st century skills are barrier-free and accessible to all. Through engaging community events, meaningful partnerships, and powerful programming, we deliver an inclusive learning experience to help foster success in the 21st century.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution represents a fundamental change in the way we live, work and relate to one another. It is a new chapter in human development, enabled by extraordinary technology advances commensurate with those of the first, second and third industrial revolutions. These advances are merging the physical, digital and biological worlds in ways that create both huge promise and potential peril. The speed, breadth and depth of this revolution is forcing us to rethink how countries develop, how organizations create value and even what it means to be human.
How We Help
Given this urgency, the OCC demands that provincial and federal funds, from Employment Ontario, are put into short-term micro-credential programs that meet local and sectoral needs, such as the following that Inno-Hive offers.
- Technology Workshops
- Digital Literacy
- Technology Workshops
- Digital Literacy
- Advancing Education Technology Workshops
- Advancing Education Employment Readiness Workshops
- Digital Literacy Training
- Digital tool Training
- All programs will be offered at no cost to participants
- Programs may be offered through strategic partnerships with other organizations
- Programs may be offered by subject matter expert volunteers from technology sector
According to the World Economic Forum, 65% of today’s school children will graduate into jobs that do not yet exist. This demonstrates an urgency for young people to develop a strong technology based skillset, as well as 21st century competencies, such as collaboration, critical thinking, creativity and innovation, etc., in order to thrive in this rapidly changing workforce. It is important for youth to develop the skills needed to become lifelong learners.
Not only is upskilling and reskilling for youth critical for their survival in the workplace, but it is also relevant and important to the recovery of the current economy, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The need for upskilling and reskilling has not only been identified by World Economic Forum., but also in Canada. The Ontario Chamber of Commerce specifically outlines the need for attention on upskilling and reskilling during these unprecedented times: “the return to economic activity will require companies and employees to rapidly adjust to a new normal. Retraining and upskilling the workforce during this period will help businesses prepare for post-pandemic growth, which will demand new skills and exacerbate the skills gaps already present in Ontario’s economy.”
Our workshop offerings include:
All workshop registrations are on Eventbrite.
Microsoft Accessibility Tools WorkshopTechnology Tools
- Teams Immersive Reader
- Together Mode for Teams
- Focus Mode for Windows
- Voice Transcription for Microsoft Word
- Teams Live Captions
- Microsoft Whiteboard
- Teams Reflect App
Data Visualization with ProcessingTechnology Workshop
Processing is emerging as one of the most popular programming languages around the world for its usability and visual nature. In this workshop, participants will learn how to use Processing to create powerful data visualizations.
This workshop is a great introduction to coding for those with no experience as well as provides opportunities for more experienced learners to discover a new use case for code.
Automation with ChatbotsTechnology workshop
In this workshop, participants will learn the fundamentals about bot building, powered by the Ada platform.
Ada uses advanced interaction AI to bridge brands to their customers, enabling them to be continuously available, completely consistent, and always helpful.
This workshop series will be an interactive experience, and participants will learn how Ada uses key technologies including artificial intelligence and machine learning in their chatbots.
Introduction to Artificial IntelligenceTechnology Workshop
Artificial Intelligence is taking over in every industry and every aspect of our lives. In this workshop, we will explore what AI actually is, how it works, how it is (and isn’t!) being used, and where it’s going.
This workshop is a beginner-level, informational-based session to support a deeper understanding of AI and machine learning.
In 2022, this workshop will be available in pre-recorded format. Registrants will have access to the workshop to view at their leisure from August 1 – August 31, 2022.
Introduction to Cybersecurity & CryptographyTechnology Workshop
- How do we keep ourselves safe online and protect our data and privacy? Cybersecurity and cryptography are concepts many have heard about but few truly understand.
- In this workshop, we will explore the many facets of cybersecurity, how technology and systems are built to protect us, and the role we need to play in protecting ourselves.
- This workshop is a beginner- level, informational-based session to support a deeper understanding of key principles of cybersecurity.
- In 2022, this workshop will be available in pre-recorded format. Registrants will have access to the workshop to view at their leisure from July 1 – July 31, 2022.
Internet of ThingsTechnology Workshop
Have a smart device in your home? Welcome to the Internet of Things (IoT), where everyday devices leverage connections to the internet in order to (ideally) make our lives easier.
In this workshop, we will break down what IoT is, how it works, and how to ensure your IoT devices are secure.
Introduction to BlockchainTechnology Workshop
Blockchain is revolutionizing every industry, from finance to business to law. But what exactly is it and how does it work?
In this workshop, we will demistify blockchain and explore how it is becoming increasingly prevalent in our everyday lives and experiences.
Introduction to Big Data Big dataTechnology Workshop
Big data is truly the backbone of almost every modern technology. From our buying and spending habits to our personal preferences and even family/friend networks, big data is what powers so many of our favourite tools.
In this workshop, we will explore the basics of big data as we understand what it is, how it is used, and the skills and strategies we need to be able to interpret it.
Intro to Environmental TechTechnology Workshop
Technology has continuously changed the ways in which we live, work, relate to each other, and relate to the world around us. Historically, the advancement of technology and the development of our societies has been coupled to environmental degradation – but it doesn’t have to be that way.
In this workshop, we’ll introduce some key environmental challenges our civilization is facing, and how we can leverage technology to address them to create a brighter future for our planet.
Introduction to NetworksTechnology Workshops
Networks are the backbone of our computer and internet infrastructure. But what exactly are they and how do they work?
In this workshop we will explore how networks work, how they succeed or fail, and what their impact is on our lives and societies.
Confidence Building CommunicationsEmployability Skills
- The fundamentals of communication including the communication process, words, tone, verbal and non-verbal cues
- Different communication styles
- The art of listening and perception
- Impacts of different communication styles on each other
- Learning how to create winning solutions in conversations – the art of negotiating
- Practical strategies to manage difficult/awkward conversations and confrontation to achieve better outcomes
Online CoursesComing Soon
- Inno-Hive will be launching on-demand courses in 2022 where registrants will be able to enrol in technology courses for free and continue to build 21st century skills on-demand.
- Stay tuned for more details